Welcome to D's Threads Down South

Thank you for coming to my page. I have many items posted so feel free to take a look.

Be sure to scroll down and click older posts to view E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!!!

These are just items I have lately made-If you have any suggestions on maybe a piece I can do feel free to ask!

To Contact Me:

Email Me at: d.sthreadsdownsouth@yahoo.com

Prices are Fair and Reasonable-Starting at $20-Up

*The sizes listed are ones I have in stock. Sizes can be available upon request *

ENJOY!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010



July 6, 2010


Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July! We had a very quiet day here. For the first time in a long time we were by ourselves. My daughter and her 3 kids are in Ok. right now,so of course they could'nt be here, actually 1 of her sons is here in town to spend the summer with his dad, but they had plans with his family, anyway my other 2 grandkids were with their folks hanging out at home. Me and my husband went to the local "flea market" and looked around and then went to Walmart. I discovered that a Walmart here in town still had material, most of them are doing away with it, and went SHOPPING.

I love finding bargains, and when you can buy material at great prices that is just as good a quality as the fabric stores, I say why not spend some money, so I did. All total I probably got 20 yards of material, and some other sewing notions. The funny thing is my husband told me I should look on the computer for Walmarts in the surrounding small towns and call and see if they still had material, so I did, he does have some pretty good ideas sometimes, and the Walmart 2 blocks from my fabric store is where I found they still carry it. Never knew!!!

So we went shopping, then came home and my husband got ready to leave, he's a truck driver so he had to go to work. He's usually gone only 3 days at a time so it's not to bad. That was our excititng holiday weekend.

I wanted to go to the flea market to check it out to see if anyone was selling anything close to the clothes I'm making, I'm thinking of taking them there to see how it goes. There was nobody selling any new stuff, mostly used, and only 1 booth was doing that. So I'm getting them ready and will probably try it this weekend.

The first little outfit here in the pic. is an outfit I made for my daughter-in-laws niece. It turned out really cute. It's just a simple tank top with a ruffle on the bottom and the capri pants. I love the material for the top, it's very summery and bright.

The second picture is the USC Gamecocks dress that a neighbor of my daughter-in-law wanted me to make. I actually made 4 dresses for her daughter and a friend. This is the back view, she wanted the bow to tie in the back. I took a pic. of the front, but it was fuzzy and I have already taken them to her, so the back will have to be it.

Now that I'm done with hers I'm going to get busy and make some more for the gamecock fans, and I can't make gamecocks without making Clemson, the rival of the gamecocks, and my husband's long time college team.

As always anything that you see here can be repoduced, or if you have an idea e-mail me with it and we will see what we can come up with.

dsthreadsdownsouth out for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment