Welcome to D's Threads Down South

Thank you for coming to my page. I have many items posted so feel free to take a look.

Be sure to scroll down and click older posts to view E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!!!

These are just items I have lately made-If you have any suggestions on maybe a piece I can do feel free to ask!

To Contact Me:

Email Me at: d.sthreadsdownsouth@yahoo.com

Prices are Fair and Reasonable-Starting at $20-Up

*The sizes listed are ones I have in stock. Sizes can be available upon request *

ENJOY!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Technology Age

July 21,2010

I have to tell you that I'm not impressed with the new technology of this era. I can figure out how to use a sewing machine and make really cute clothes, and they fit which is always a good thing. I can drive an 18 wheeler, a big semi-truck, that's what I was doing when I got laid off almost 2 years ago. I can raise 4 kids working at Burger King making less than $7 an hr. But to work a computer or a camera with a "disk" has driven me over the edge.

I have spent all day trying to get into my blog site, simply because the computer did'nt "remember" my password for me? If it knows almost everything about me, can tell me "hi" when it starts up, WHY can't it remember my password? If you make the mistake of signing out and not telling it to remember your username, you are really in BIG TROUBLE.

Of course when you go to sign back in it asks you for both of these 2 little words, but 2 very important words, obviously, and if you can't remember 1 you can't find the other one.

So after most of the day typing in anything I think could possibly be right, I ended up changing both 2 little important words, and here I am.

Now on the camera with the all important disk. I have 2 of these all important disk, 1 I use for taking pic. of the family etc, the other I use to take pic. of my clothes that I make so I can share them with you lucky people. Did you know that these cameras donot tell you that a disk is not in the camera, but they still take the pic. and it is in the camera SOMEWHERE?

I had an order to make a appliqued jumper, purse, and 2 little boys shirts, I took the pic. so I could share them with you, they turned out really cute, took the pic. and went to download them and guess what? You got it, no disk. Now I'm guessing that I can plug something into my camera that plugs into my computer, and I will be able to download them. Now all I have to do is find the pages in the manual and try to figure out what they're talking about, while they're trying to explain to someone who knows very little about TECHNOLOGY.

In closing I would like to say that I do enjoy being able to communicate rather quickly on the computer, and I do like being able to see my pic. before I have to wait to have them developed, but my sanity is thinking very hard on sending me over the edge so I won't care about either one.

I hope everyone has a great week ahead of them, and I really hope someone out there in cyber world can relate to this, or I'm in big trouble if I'm the only one.

dsthreadsdownsouth out for now

4 comments:

  1. I have to laugh because I have been in the same predicament. I thought I had a disk in my camera when it snowed, but I didn't, and the pics were on the internal memory. If you can figure out how to get to that setting, you can still download your pics with your cord hooked to your computer.
    I have learned the hard way to check before I take pictures because for one thing, the card (external memory)holds many, many more pics than the internal memory.
    Passwords are a constant bother because I don't use the same password for everything I do. I keep a notebook with my websites and passwords. I did that because everything I read said to change up your passwords for your protection, but I'm here to tell you that life would be so much easier with the same password.
    Technology can be a wonderful thing, but it is very time consuming. Sometimes TOO time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.....Doreen. I hope you have all this sorted out by now. I know how absolutely petrified I was of this tiny digital camera when it was given to me by my kids. It sat in the box for a month before I dared 'try' it. Thankfully, my son keyed it into the computer and I only need the cord into the USB port and I'm good to go. I just use the same memory card, delete them when I've got them on the computer. However, I haven't saved everything onto another disc or USB, so if this old girl crashes, I've lost the lot. Thankfully, to date, I'm good with passwords, but I don't expect it will be forever. Great to hear from you Doreen, and do hope your issues have been resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Doreen!!!! So, you figured out the password thing, and I still don't have the answer to my blog background crisis. Oh well, it will work out somehow. I am so sorry about your camera. But more sorry that you can't show the jumper! I want to see it!

    I need to get too bed. I am up too late sewing again, because I am smarter than my computer. Heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a good chuckle regarding your computer problems...it mirrored my world but I am learning...that even a 73yr old with an addled brain is smarter than a computer . I joined a computer group where I have learned lots of ways to baffle the computer.

    With the same prob with the camera i contacted the makers, and they were helpful and sent me the directions how to download from the internal memory.

    I also keep a book with all my passwords..

    ReplyDelete