Welcome to D's Threads Down South

Thank you for coming to my page. I have many items posted so feel free to take a look.

Be sure to scroll down and click older posts to view E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!!!

These are just items I have lately made-If you have any suggestions on maybe a piece I can do feel free to ask!

To Contact Me:

Email Me at: d.sthreadsdownsouth@yahoo.com

Prices are Fair and Reasonable-Starting at $20-Up

*The sizes listed are ones I have in stock. Sizes can be available upon request *

ENJOY!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Flowered Tier Dress

June 28,2010



I've noticed from reading some of my own earlier posts that I have repeated myself by starting out with saying "I wanted to share with you" so I'm not going to say that this time. I'm just going to invite you to take a look at what I made over the weekend.


I saw this dress made up in a neighborhood fabric store that I get some of my sewing notions at and thought it was the cutest dress, so I bought the pattern and some material and here it is. I actually did'nt get the material there, she's a little store and does'nt really have to much variety in fabric and is a bit pricey for me sometimes.



I was happy with the end result, all though I think the material was a bit to "dressy" for an everyday dress, this material would be considered more of a special occasion, I think. I think it would really be cute, and everyday ware, in a simple cotton design. You can't really tell from my pictures, but the material is "sparkley" with silver little lines running all through it.



The dress has 3 tiers on it, completely lined and zipper in back. This is a size 8, but once again it can probably be even a 10. This pattern was kindof different, in the fact that you made each tier individually, then the lining and then you put them all together, and finally put on the bodice, the top, of the dress.



To change the subject a bit, I live in SC, a huge college football supporting town, SC gamecocks, and that is what I'm going to be focusing on for the next few weeks, or how ever long it takes me. I have a friend of my daughter-in-law who asked me if I could make her daughter a dress with USC, University of South Carolina, symbols on it. So I got to thinking since college football is so important in our town, that I have possibly been missing out on a huge market, so I'm going to be experimenting in that area. Because my husband is a huge long time Clemson fan, I can't leave them out, so I'll be doing things with that also. I'll be doing dresses & the purses that I showed in previous blogs, all with the college themes on them.

So I hope you enjoyed the dress and come along with the new adventure, and I will keep you posted on my progress.

Dsthreadsdownsouth out for now.








No comments:

Post a Comment