Welcome to D's Threads Down South

Thank you for coming to my page. I have many items posted so feel free to take a look.

Be sure to scroll down and click older posts to view E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!!!

These are just items I have lately made-If you have any suggestions on maybe a piece I can do feel free to ask!

To Contact Me:

Email Me at: d.sthreadsdownsouth@yahoo.com

Prices are Fair and Reasonable-Starting at $20-Up

*The sizes listed are ones I have in stock. Sizes can be available upon request *

ENJOY!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Scrape Purse



June 16, 2010

I wanted to share with you my latest project. As you can see it's a purse, could be used as a diaper bag as well.

I was at the fabric store, they have patterns on sale every so often, and I always try and go just to see what might jump out at me. I have to say that I have never looked beyond the clothes patterns, but this day I was'nt in any hurry, and started flipping through the book. I came across the crafts in the book, and this purse pattern was so cute, I had to get it and see what it would turn out like. I say "turn out like" because not all patterns turn out like you imagine them to. For reasons unknown to me, the cutest picture on the front pattern does not always end up as your final project. It really is trial and error, and old saying , to let you have a hint of my age.

Anyway I had the pattern for a couple weeks, I was working on other things at the time I got it, but a couple days ago I came across it again, and decided to finally make it. I wanted it to be kindof bold, something I usually don't see me doing, so I went through my left over material to see what I could come up with.

The whole bag is made form scrapes of material that I had left over. My daughter-in-law bought the material, shh, we won't tell her that she paid for my new bag, I made both my granddaughters a top and capris out of it.

The bag has 2 pockets in the front, one has a snapped tab over it, also has the bow, and the back also has 2 pockets. The inside is lined and also has a pocket, the linning is green, it matches the green of the purse, but I could'nt get a good picture of it, so you'll have to take my word for it, and it also has a pocket inside. Every piece is interfaced, it gives it more stability, and body. If I make another one I would also put interfacing in the solid pink around the top. I did'nt call for it, but I think it would make it sturdier also.

It could most definitely be used for a diaper bag, on a day that you don't have to take the whole nursery. We don't have any little ones right now, so a purse it is. I think it would really be cute in denim, for the older girls, but being summer I thought this turned out really cute.

As always anything you see on my blog, or if you have something in mind but don't see it here, just contact me here or e-mail me and we will see what we can create.

d.sthreadsdownsouth out for now.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Doreen. This little bag is darling. I love the colors. I do the same thing with leftover fabrics. I always offer them back to the client that purchased them for a custom, but almost always they tell me to keep them because they do not sew themselves. Then I get to make fun things!! Your sewing is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much,and welcome to my blog. I'm pretty new to the blog world, so ya'll will have to bear with me.

    ReplyDelete