Welcome to D's Threads Down South

Thank you for coming to my page. I have many items posted so feel free to take a look.

Be sure to scroll down and click older posts to view E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!!!

These are just items I have lately made-If you have any suggestions on maybe a piece I can do feel free to ask!

To Contact Me:

Email Me at: d.sthreadsdownsouth@yahoo.com

Prices are Fair and Reasonable-Starting at $20-Up

*The sizes listed are ones I have in stock. Sizes can be available upon request *

ENJOY!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Absent lately

Sept. 5, 2010

I have to apologize for not being on here in awhile. I was busy making a few outfits for my granddaughter and grandson for when school starts. They turned out really cute, and I always forget to take pictures until after I have given them to them, then I have to wait for their mom to do it, and let's just say that she does'nt get in a hurry for to many things, God love her. I actually only made 1 pair of shorts for my grandson, his mom buys the material and then brings it to me to make. It was cute material, blue and grey big checks, from what I can remember, but it had the pockets on the sides and then one on the side of the pants leg, turned out good, and I will get pictures up very soon.

I have to tell you that I think my granddaughter good become a designer when she gets older, she definitely knows what she likes, and what she does'nt. Her mom picks out her material to, and she had multi colored for a pair of capris, it was really cute, but my fashionista granddaugher said " the pants fit really good grandma, but the colors embarrass me, mom needs to let me pick them out from now on", she is 7 people!!!! I will get pics of them both soon, I hope.

I was also busy getting some oven mitt sets done up in our rival college football teams here in the state, Carolina gamecocks, and Clemson tigers. They are having a "city market" in our town on Main St. every Fri. for the month of Sept. and Oct. and I wanted to take my clothes and the oven mitt sets and see what kindof response I would receive. I didn't realize it was a holiday week-end and was a little discouraged by the turn out, I sold one oven mitt set. A lot of people loved my clothes but not enough to buy them I guess. Anyway I will keep going and see what happens, and in the mean time I will sew for my beloved public, my GRANDKIDS.


One last thing, I'm starting to sew for myself again, and am working on a kindof suit, jacket and pants for this winter, if it turns out good I will post a pic. of me wearing it, when I can get my husband to stand still long enough to take the photo. I've been busy sewing for everyone else and trying to get some coustomers that I have forgotten how to sew for ME.

That's all of my news for now, I promise it will not be so long the next time.

dsthreadsdownsouth out for now.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to hear from you again Doreen. Hope we see the childrens' outfits, I'm sure they are super. I'm so pleased you are going to make yourself something. It feels great going out in something you've created. Sorry the markets were a flop, but hey, maybe next time. It happens to all of us, we have to think ahead.

    ReplyDelete