Welcome to D's Threads Down South

Thank you for coming to my page. I have many items posted so feel free to take a look.

Be sure to scroll down and click older posts to view E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!!!

These are just items I have lately made-If you have any suggestions on maybe a piece I can do feel free to ask!

To Contact Me:

Email Me at: d.sthreadsdownsouth@yahoo.com

Prices are Fair and Reasonable-Starting at $20-Up

*The sizes listed are ones I have in stock. Sizes can be available upon request *

ENJOY!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Little History

Hi Everyone.
Since this is a new blog, I thought I'd share with you the people "behind the scenes" of my new blog. The designer of my blog is my son's girlfriend, I have to admit I'm not very computer swavy yet , not like she is, and I think she has done a great job.
The "model" on my site is my 7 year old granddaughter, and I am her grandmother, but I think she did a beautiful job, and made the clothes I made look even better. She's a very shy girl, so to get out there and pose was a HUGE favor to me. Most of my sewing has been for her or my other granddaughter, or myself.
My daughter-in-law has taken an interest in sewing, and we made another dress for her daughter today, finished all but the hem, and I will see if I can get her to pose 1 more time in the near future. I don't know if her mom will pursue this or not, she said it was a lot of work, but we did spend the afternoon together which is always nice. It's also nice when someone says "I didn't know how much went into making clothes" but it is a sense of accomplishment when your done, and I really love doing it.
So now you know a little history behind the blog, and I hope you come by and browse around and feel free to e-mail me with any questions or comments you might have.

-D's signing out for now-

3 comments:

  1. No need to Thank me! I can't want to get have a little girl so you can make her clothes haha
    I hope everything turns out well....and u get REALLY BUSY!!! = ) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, I don't feel so alone anymore here in my little blogger cyber space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no worries i am working on getting you customers!

    ReplyDelete